A Proactive Approach to Legionella
Legionella is a bacterium that can cause a serious and potentially deadly type of pneumonia called Legionnaires’ disease. Most identified outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease are in buildings with large water systems, such as hotels, long-term care facilities and hospitals. While the disease is dangerous, CDC investigations show that 90% of outbreaks were caused by problems that are easily preventable with a proactive water management plan.
The purpose of a water management plan (WMP) is to minimize the risk for Legionella associated with your building water systems. The plan should be based on a framework outlined in ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 188 Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems. An effective WMP will include a consistent and ongoing process of analysis, remediation, documentation, and compliance.
KBG Technologies is proud to offer a specific selection of tools and services to help you stay ahead of a potential Legionnaires’ disease outbreak, including:
- Water Management Plans (WMP)
- LAMPS Cloud-Based Platform
- 24/7 Monitoring and Control
- Shock Disinfections
- Supplemental Disinfection
- Cooling Tower Cleanings
- Regulatory Audit Tools
- Testing and Consulting
Documentation and reporting
- ASSE/IAPMO/ANSI 12080 certified Legionella Water Safety and Management Specialist that can help you outline a plan that ensures compliance!
What are the benefits of developing a Water Management Program for your facility?
- Demonstrate commitment on the part of facility owners and managers to provide a safe environment
- Proactively reduce the risk of disease caused by waterborne pathogens
- Provide a clear management plan for routine maintenance of potable and non-potable water systems and for addressing problems before they arise
- Comply with ASHRAE Standard 188 and Guideline 12-2020, Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems
- Comply with CMS 2017/2018 Legionella Policy Memorandum
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines concerning reducing health risk associated with waterborne pathogens
- Avoid potential negative publicity, costs, and litigation associated with an outbreak
KBG Technologies is your one-stop resource for all of your water treatment needs.